← Table of Contents
Using syncing accounts with NetNewsWire
In addition to the On My Mac account, NetNewsWire can also sync your feeds and articles with third-party feed aggregating services.
If you use a feed aggregator service, you can keep your read status and subscription list in sync even when you use multiple apps.
Note: In NetNewsWire 5.0 you can only sync with Feedbin. We plan to support more services in future versions.
Add a syncing account
- Choose NetNewsWire → Preferences… (⌘,) from the menu bar, then click Accounts
- Click the + button, then click the service
- Enter your username and password, then click Add Account
The account and its feeds will appear in the NetNewsWire sidebar.
Change account information
The name of your sync account will be the name of the service by default. You can change this name, which is especially useful if you have multiple accounts on the same service. You can even use emoji. 🐝
Username or password
If you change any information for logging into the sync account – user name, email address, password – you may need to update the credentials stored in NetNewsWire.
- Choose NetNewsWire → Preferences… (⌘,) from the menu bar, then click Accounts.
- Select your account, then click Credentials.
- Enter your information, then click Update.